Sometimes you facilitate that change, sometimes it kind of just happens.
If I hadn't persuaded our Rotary club to let me create the club Facebook page a few weeks before I would probably not have come across the Rotary Club of Grantham........
If I hadn't come across them I would not have come across Paul Wilson, life would have been simple! I would not have spent 3mths of my life trying to persuade other people into doing precisely what I was still trying to convince myself to do.
But who wants life to be simple?
Simple is boring, predictable, safe. If you don't make yourself a little bit uncomfortable sometimes you don't grow as a person.
You can stay in your comfort zone and probably stay dry.
"Want to be part of the world's biggest synchronised swimming event, help raise a few thousand pounds for End Polio and start the year off becoming a Guinness World Record Holder?"
"You only live once right?"
Thanks to the efforts of the guys at Grantham Rotary club, Rotary Global Swimarathon on Saturday 25th February involved over 4000 swimmers swimming at the same time in 23 countries across more than 14 time zones. Not to mention that at Knaresborough we were trying in vain to keep pace with a couple of GB Paralympians Claire Cashmore and David Ellis. Turns out I am almost half as fast as a Paralympian (Who's already done a 2hr cardio session!)
With the current record smashed nearly twice over it was a great way to start the year and our Great North Swim preparations. Maybe this thing is doable after all..........
Oh and Paul Wilson is clearly as mad as I am and has now signed up to GNS as well!!!
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
R.Frost

No comments:
Post a Comment