"Want to jump off a perfectly good mountain at 6,460ft?" "Yeah no problem"
"Want to hurtle down a mountain on a high speed zip line?" "Yeah no problem"
"Want to do some grade 4 rapids?" "Yeah no problem"
"Want to do some vomit inducing ariel acrobatics with a parachute?" "Yeah no problem"
"Want to go walking in the jungle with tigers and sloth bears, never mind the crocodiles, elephants and rhinos or the fact Lonely Planet has dedicated a specific paragraph to the reasons why this is not to be advised"...... *I've got a stick* "Yeah what the hell"
Thanks Jessica:
"Want to swim a mile across a freezing cold fish infested lake?"......."errrrr Yeah no problem" :-S
"Hang on a minute......... You want me to do what???"
#1 Pretty sure I don't like deep dark water
#2 Very sure I don't like sharing my water with fish
#3 Not sure I can actually do a length never mind a mile
#4 Have reverted to using terms like "front crawl" and "lengths" like a muggle
#5 Pretty sure I don't want to be in a wetsuit much less a swimsuit in public, never mind on TV
#6 Very sure I don't want to be winched out of Lake Windermere live on Channel 4
#7 There's rats......
#8 There's no vaccine or reliable cure for Weils disease......
#9 There may or may not be eels.......
#10 My head/hair is too big for average sized swimming caps
#11 I am now over 30 and should clearly have grown out of this madness by now
#12 Not at all sure this is a good idea........
#13 Hopefully you're now convinced it's not a good idea.........
#14 Having 13 reasons is not a good omen!
"Dear Sarah Bosomworth,
Your payment has been successfully authorised and you have now registered to take part in the British Gas Great North Swim 1 Mile 2012."
Wednesday, 2 November 2011, 13:29
Good so with no proper job I have now spent £40 I don't really have on registration for an event I have no money to pay to train for....... haven't been in a proper sized pool for at the very least 10 years, don't have a proper swimming costume, much less a wetsuit. Wetsuits cost HOW MUCH!!!? Good, great plan, one of your better ones, well done...........
Still at least I will get to stalk my childhood swimming hero:
You see even he's looking incredulous..........

No comments:
Post a Comment