Saturday, 23 June 2012

Fried or Frozen?

Woke up Friday morning feeling nervous, one look out of the window and it was not looking good. It was never going to be an easy challenge but swimming into wind, having waves crashing in your face as you're trying to breath and having the water temperature drop at the last minute are not added difficulty factors that as a novice you want to have to deal with.
Still we'd taken it on and now was not the time to back out. It was time to start packing!

Breakfast of champions.............
Jessica's response to the proposed Olympic nutrition plan was "I don't like porridge and I don't like pasta....... but you can bring me a banana!" I notice that she complained less at the proposed hydration plan:


OK so the prospect of carbs after 2weeks of restrictions has got me a little bit over excited!
The weather forcast for the weekend is pretty terrible so in true Great British Summer style it's unlikely that these are going to be needed:



Jessica doesn't help matters by posting this weather update!


But we're British and used to it, (Wishing I still lived on the Mediterranean at this point!) so it's time to bring out the stiff upper lips and get on with it!

Having sorted out my wetsuit dilema earlier in the week thanks to the guys at OverlandUnderWater I now have two options......... (The lesser of two evils)
Olympic triathlon suit that I am super fast in doing free, (Which I can manage for about 50m) and that ensures I can't lower my feet below the water doing breaststroke OR the new thinner suit that has seams behind my knees which I'm pretty sure I am going to be cursing halfway round. It's thin enough to allow me to swim breaststroke but possibly also thin enough to ensure I end up in hospital requiring a thermometer somewhere I don't want to contemplate!

Still the weather forcast predicts lightning so it might not be that cold after all. Hopefully the timing chip in our swim caps will act as a lightning conductor! :-S


.....hopefully baggage label will not be put to it's "other" use!

No comments:

Post a Comment